- You will get all the girls…
- No need for direct shaving (see you later ingrown hairs and shaving rashes!)
- The more positive a light you are seen in by others the more confident you feel (according to science or something?)
But how do I know what beard is right for my face. Well of course, just like anything else we need to experiment! The first step should be to shape your beard to the bone structure of your face with a light trim:
How do I shape my beard?
The next step after trimming your beard is to shape it, experimenting in the mirror to see which shape compliments your face:
- Wash your beard properly (with a dedicated beard wash).
- Free your beard of any tangles with a comb
- Trim any outlying hairs down to length of the rest of the beard
- Sculp the beard by removing areas of bushiness where you would rather have more defined lines
- Apply finishing touches such as moustache wax to add a bit of flair and beard oil to keep it looking shiny, healthy and soft.
Don’t worry about making any mistakes! If you go too short, the best thing about beards is they always grow back…
How do I know my beard style?
Before you start any of the trimming or shaping process you should at least have a rough idea of what you are going for. When making your choice, try not to look at someone famous and imitate them; your face type is also very important:
- Face Type – What we mean by face type is a few things, the shape of your face and where on your face you have solid beard growth. Try to imagine the hair as a structure, mould it to form a design and then lock it in with a bit of a trim and styling. There is even this handy infographic to help you work out what shape your face is and therefore what beard you should go for.
- Beard Thickness and Length – Beard length and the bushiness of said beard in an area are very important when it comes to planning the style. Work with what you’ve got, and if you want a little more take a look at our Biotin Supplements.
- Don’t forget the Hair on your Head – Key step number one, do not let your hair on the sides of your head get too long. Keep this blended with the length of your sideburns and beard and it will look connected and uniform. Keeping you looking smart and sharp.
So now you know all about beard styles, once you have found yours all you need to do is shape it. Follow the great video above to get your beard ready for styling and then just follow the steps to achieve the rest!